About Me

Greetings, my name is Si Matta. I am a non-traditional student returning to school in my mid 40's to get a degree in folklore/ creative writing. I will be transferring to Evergreen State College starting in fall of 2021 to finish my BA and then hope to continue on to get my MFA in creative writing at OSU. 
A quarantine selfie.

  I am taking photojournalism this term to learn more skills in documentary photography and story telling. I have curated a blog called Gathering the Stories for that last 10 years that is focussed on my Indigenous heritage to the Columbia River Gorge, and feel that my work with the blog will only benefit more from taking this class. The three goals I have for this class is to get better at capturing the moment with my cameral, learn better editing skills with my photos to tell better stories, and learn more about the field of photojournalism. I have extensive photography and film experience but have primarily focussed on landscapes and artistic experimentation, with some work in independent news media outlets, but mostly in a film editing capacity. 

    I am looking forward to taking this class this term and learning more about the art of photojournalism. 

My First Three Photos

The Whiteside Theatre in Corvallis, OR. 
was hit hard this year due to Covid-19 
restrictions and remained closed for most
of the year.



They opened their doors for the first time in 4 months
on Thursday April 1st. New house manger Rue eagerly
awaits the crowds.

Lights, camera, action! Whiteside is happy to re-open after a long hard year.

Popular Posts